Friday, November 24, 2006

Friday: Oaks



Dusk in my neighborhood. Around here, many areas are sectioned off into "subdivisions" of houses. The subdivision I live in (and also Li, though she lives in a different section) is called The Oaks of Clear Creek, nevermind the fact that Clear Creek isn't really anywhere near it. League City is known for its oaks, however, so much so that the city's seal is actually an image of an oak tree. This has always amused me somewhat as oaks are really not native to this area. In my subdivision, when all the houses were built they got one oak tree (some people have more than one, though) in their front yard, so looking down the streets here you just see oak after oak after oak.

3 Comments:

Blogger ★Li said...

Whoo! Our very first bot-ad thing!

7:51 PM  
Blogger emu said...

Yaaay!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I especially like your blog cause not only do I live in your same city, I live in your neighborhood and even on the street you took this picture of. The wonders of the World Wide Web. Keep up the great work.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home